Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Past lives and Odd beginnings pt. 1

Ba-Thump... Ba-Thump... Ba-Thump...

I shot straight up in bed, my breathing rapid and irregular. I choked and gasped for air as the feeling of drowning slowly subsided. The screams kept ringing in my ears though. Who was screaming? I couldn't think straight so I hopped out of my plush comfortable bed and padded barefoot to my refrigerator. The screams kept ringing, I needed tequila and I needed it fast. I quickly yanked open the door to my little refrigerator, the cool air hitting my bare skin at my belly, legs and arms, making me jump, shivering as I snatched the almost empty bottle of Jose off the top shelf. I slammed the door shut, glass tinkling as jars shook and bumped each other from the force. I walked back to my bed and tucked myself in underneath the soft cotton sheets and thick black comforter. I propped myself up against the headboard enough so that I could down the last few gulps of alcohol. As I set the bottle down on my ebony night stand I shimmed under the blankets until only my eyes showed. as the alcohol reached my gut and started making me feel fuzzy I carelessly dozed off. I had a job in the morning. A very important job for some very important people.

Taya Dentano does not disappoint, and I wasn't going to start now.

The next morning I awoke in a haze. I took a quick look at my clock and realized I was running late. "shitshitshit" I swore loudly jumping out of my bed and running quickly to my hangar. As I boarded my Rifter I quickly plugged in the neuron receptor cables into the ports on my back so I could more fully control my ship. I quickly sat in my captain chair and closed my eyes, the sharp pain as my consciousness loaded into the ship's mainframe. When I opened my eyes my Rifter was waking up. it loaded all the feeds I tracked onto screen 1, my tactical screen loaded on screen 2, and 3 had my list of work for the day. I had many a pilot ask me how the hell I managed all the feeds I tracked, 52 feeds including corp, alliance, and local, and how I could stand to have my screens the way they where. They blamed it on me being a woman, I just said it worked.

"Play Music, Random, Early 21st Century" I said out loud, my ship knew what to do and did it. Tiesto started playing in my cabin, the song was feel it in my bones, I sang along as it played while Scotty the docking manager opened the bay for me to undock. As the doors opened I heard his voice in one of my feeds go "Taya don't you dare" before I punched the throttle and blasted out like a bat out of hell. I laughed as he cursed at me, before laughing again as all of pilots leaving the station that I was started screaming and cursing. I let out a loud "yeeeehaw" onto the local feed as they started calling me curse words as I warped off.

As I caught my breath from laughing I quickly looked at my list of things for today. I started with the job for the very important people. One was a merc contract. I was needed to kill a pilot who resided out in Mara. As a rookie pilot this was a great job, so I took it. I quickly opened up my corp feed "Guys, going pew wanna join?" I said sweetly. A few jumped on the opportunity and out we went. My Rifter, a Drake, and a few other ships. We hunted Mara's asteroid belts, shot the target, and a few others and had quiet a few laughs. Krennel was used for bait like usual, and my little Rifter was a great little tackle boat. The guys told me when I got the giant stack of books in my quarters read that I could have a bigger ship. I couldn't wait, I wanted that beautiful Maelstrom, and even a Typhoon. The Matari in corp always bragged about the 'phoon. even some of our Caldari pilots bragged about it. For a rookie, life was great.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment