Monday, April 2, 2012

Past lives and Odd beginnings pt. 2

 2 Months Later


Ba-thump... Ba-thump... Ba-thump "NO PLEASE NO!"


I shot up in bed in my new quarters. The same familiar nightmare haunted me night after night, getting worse with each night. Could it have been the sudden change? I had left my old corp, moved all my shit out to N-DQ0D. I had finally had enough of some of the males in corp telling me I wasn't as good or that I couldn't do something because I was a woman. I had moved up into my first battle cruiser, and upon my moving out to N-DQ I was gifted a beautiful Hurricane. Oh how I loved the ship, I refused to take it out for anything thought. I stuck to my Thrasher for my missions and the occasional asteroid belt pirate looking for an easy kill. I hadn't gotten a new target since I left, I hadn't wanted a new one. I was also not feeling up to killing another person lately. I always told myself "Today I will visit the doctor in station" but I never did. 


As I padded off to my new refrigerator the nightmare replayed in my head. I couldn't stop it except by drinking it away. I quickly yanked open the door so that I could grab the bottle of Tequila. I padded back to my bed as I downed the remaining amber liquid. As soon as I emptied the bottle into my gut I threw it at a wall and screamed out of frustration. "What the fuck is wrong with me?!?" I growled and threw myself into my bed, I was still unpacking so all I had was the bottom sheet and a blanket on it. As the alcohol worked its way through my system I started feeling sleepy again. I slowly fell back into an alcohol induced sleep.


I awoke the next morning and slowly climbed out of bed regretting last night as soon as I had to sit back down because the room spun. Once I had caught my bearings, I padded off to my shower, but before I could even step into the nice hot shower I stepped on a piece of the bottle from last night.


"SON OF A..." I screamed as I fell on my ass and landed on another piece of glass. A string of curse words left my mouth as I laid down away from the rest of the glass and called for a friend to come save me from the mess I had just made in my room. "Door, Unlock" I said to my room hearing the door click signifying it had listened and unlocked. I burst into tears as Nykitah ran into my room and carefully carted me off to the doctor to get fixed.... again.


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment