Authors Note: At the time I started this story I was not pregnant so I had all the time in the world to write it. I put Taya aside to be pregnant and birth my son, but this is no excuse. honestly i'm stuck.. I am getting to the end of this story of Taya's for now. Even though I've had positive reviews for this so far, more than positive I've been told it was amazing, they wanted more, as an author and the creator of this character that you have fallen in love with, I am at an impasse. How do I finish this? How do I close Taya's chapter and let you meet little Mara? or Xelina? or all the other people who make this story work? but a character cannot live forever, and Taya's spotlight must dim so you see others as well. I hope you still love Taya just as much as I do. Thank you, for sticking by me so far.
ba-thump...ba-thump...ba-thump "No please no!" cha-chick... BOOM "oh god what did I do?"
6 months along
It was 2 months after Krennel and I found we would be having a girl. We had decided to call her Mara, since that was the system she was conceived in. My day was busy being pregnant, eating, and getting ready to take Baby Mara to my Aunt's house on Pator III. I couldn't raise her myself because of my debt to the schools and beneficiaries who paid to train me, I had to continue working after this. As it was at this point, Krennel was paying the monthly bills so that I could get little Mara into this world. As I sat there in my quarters eating random old earth sweets and soup I wondered what my daughter would look like. Would she be like me? Would she understand why I sent her to my aunts? As she rolled and kicked inside my swelling belly I began to cry. I couldn't stop crying, and had no clue why I was even crying to begin with. All these things rushed through my head, the nightmares I had, the baby, handing her over. It all just hit me so fast I had no way to prepare or even avoid crying.
The doctor had told me my hormones would do things like this to me. I never realized it would hit me so hard though. As I sobbed uncontrollably my comm link went off telling me someone was tryin to contact me. I sniffled and wiped the snot off my face with the back of my hand and answered the call...
9 months along
I had finally reached the end of my pregnancy, and in just a few hours would hold my darling daughter in my arms. I sat in the hospital on Pator III waiting to be wheeled back to the operation room, They had me in a gown, and my hair pinned up ready to go. Krennel was out on a mission but would be here soon. This day would be hard on the both of us, we would welcome a little girl and then hand her over to family. I still had debts to pay off before I was free. my military training wasn't free and my sponsor wanted his money back.
A few hours passed and the nurse came to wheel me back to the operating room. Krennel had arrived a few moments before and would stay in the waiting room per my request. They had me sit on the edge of the bed and lean forward into a nurse so they could inject medications into my spine. They took longer than expected due to the fact they saw my back ports and wondered how the hell a pod pilot had carried a child to term. Once they had the needle in they laid me down and strapped my arms down, then put the oxygen tubes into my nostrils. My feet, then legs soon became numb. The warned me I would feel pressure, but not pain and if I felt pain to shout and they'd get it figured out. All these years with science leaping so far, and medical science still did old earth cesarean sections. I suppose it was because they where safer for the child than the laser surgeries they did on everyone else. After what seemed like a few minutes I heard a tiny cry, At that point I started crying and the doctor near my head freaked out thinking I was hurt. I had to explain I was just happy, but they still eye'd me suspiciously. They wheeled me out and into recovery where they brought my daughter to me. "Mara.. my Mara" I said as Krennel walked in, we both looked at one another then to the little girl in my arms. "she has your hair" he said laughing. "yea but she has your eyes" I added. We knew we would be handing her over in just a few moments so we took a few photos as we waited for my aunt to show up.
My aunt showed up an hour later and we both cried before she took the baby with her and I fell asleep. the next few months passed in a flash until I found myself in null sec space with Nyk and his crew.
No comments:
Post a Comment